How is it October already? The mornings are much cooler, and the days are getting shorter. Ride season is rapidly winding down. But there are still plenty of great riding days ahead for 2016.
During the month of October there will only be official club rides on Saturdays and Sundays. I’m sure there will continue to be week-day/evening rides – requiring lights – but the official club rides during the week ended in September.
The financials are in for this year’s HOT 100. We lost $1,800 this year, and this has drained our budget. We are not broke –but some of the events we typically enjoy in November, December and January will have to be adjusted. We just do not have the funds to support some things as we have in the past. (but if you’d like a long sleeve HOT 100 t-shirt – I have a couple hundred in my bike room) J
I will report out the full overview from the 2016 HOT at our membership meeting in November. I hope that we can have a healthy discussion regarding the 2017 HOT – will there be one? If so, from where? If you feel very strongly about the future of the HOT 100 – you’ll need to be in at the next membership meeting.
- October 15 – Unity Ride – details inside.
- Fall riding at the Track in Nashville, and Natchez Trace – details inside.
- 2017 Officer Elections – I’ll be appointing a nominating committee in the next few days. We will be looking for a Secretary for 2017 – many thanks to Janet Fry for serving in this role the last few years. I appreciate your work very much Janet! We are also looking for a new Comfort Zone (CZ) ride leader. Kellee will continue to focus on the Ride Like a Girl group – but we need someone to coordinate the regular CZ events.
- November membership meeting – Pot luck at Coon Hunters – watch the message board and your email for details – Planning November 5th or 12th – still to be confirmed as of this writing.
- Christmas Party at Readyville Mill – Saturday, December 3 – details inside the newsletter
- Mark your calendar for the Chili Ride January 7, 2017 and the Annual Cary Way Kick Off Ride, April 1, 2017
Watch your email, and keep your eyes on the Ride Calendar and the Message Board for upcoming rides and events.