The Murfreesboro Bicycle Club Presents:
Heart of Tennessee Century
Saturday August 24, 2013 - Mark your calendar!
New Routes for 2013 and more...
See the routes on the route information page!
Before The Ride
Join the crowd at Lascassas Elementary School. Excellent locker room facilities are provided. We have also added port-a-potties for overflow :) . We will provide water and sports drink to fill your bottles before you mount up. MOAB will once again be providing wrench support before the ride. Registration opens at 5:30 A.M.
102, 63, 33 and 15 Mile Routes promise great riding for all levels of cyclists
Join us for a challenging ride through Rutherford, Wilson, and Cannon Counties in the Heart of Tennessee! You’ll find lots of SAG support, rest stops at historic sites, and extra water stops along the route.
The rest stops will be well-stocked with goodies, plenty of water and sport drink, as well as the old standards such as bananas, grapes, and pb&j's. Be sure to thank the folks that sponsor our rest stops this year.
After The Ride
At the end of your ride, after your shower, join us in the air conditioned Lascassas Elementary School Cafeteria for dinner. This is included in the cost of registration, and will be provided by some people who cook good.
- Registration will be open June 4 for 2013. Registration is $40. You must pre-register in order to get a tee shirt.
- Tee shirt guaranteed for all who pre-register prior to August 16th.
- Staging: Lascassas Elementary School
- 6300 Lascassas Pike
- Registration: Opens at 5:30 AM.
- Ride Start: Mass Start at 7:00 AM (Sheriff's Dept. will be there to lead the ride out and to block traffic. Please be on time so you can cross the highway safely).
- SAG Support: Ends at 4:30 PM.
- Equipment: CPSC approved bicycle helmets are REQUIRED and must be worn while riding. NO EXCEPTIONS!
We care about the safety of our riders! Please follow all laws and rules of the road. Remember that cyclists have the same rights to the same roads as other vehicles and they are subject to the same rules. This includes stopping at stop signs, stoplights, etc. Tennessee law requires that you ride no more than two abreast and stay close to the right side of the road. When cars approach from the rear, ride single file. We realize this will not be possible at the beginning of the ride. However, as cyclists space out, this should not be a problem. The HOT 100 route is NOT closed to automobiles. Please bike responsibly.